Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Behavior Management Ideas

It's hard to believe that it's almost November.  It's been an incredibly busy month with iep meetings, testing and a group that has been really keeping me on my toes.  This year I have one of the hardest groups I've ever had, and one of the nicest groups I've ever had.   Plus, I've been dealing with a chest cold that's been dragging on and on.  So it's been leaving me exhausted!! 

Typically I've only used one classroom management plan and that's worked out pretty well.  I've used and still use a sticker chart system where students work towards the treasure box, as well as Dojo points where students also work towards rewards and points.  That's always worked pretty well for me, and the students have always typically responded.  They are also able to earn tickets towards a big school wide drawing at the end of the week.

However, this year I've been finding that one is not enough.  I have a lot of students on behavior plans and using individual point sheets which is becoming really hard to manage since they come and go from my room to their classrooms, as well as other classrooms.  I would love, love, love to hear what others do for their behavior management within their classrooms, especially if they like me have students that go back and forth between classrooms.  It would be great to use something that would fit seamlessly into my daily routine and classroom.

It's almost Friday!  Yay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...