My name is Jacqui and I'm and elementary resource teacher in Arizona. I've taught special education for 18 years in a variety of settings. I've taught self contained preschool and primary, as well as middle school and elementary resource. I love elementary resource and it's probably my favorite setting so far. I love working with the younger students (their so excited about learning) and I love the flexibility of resource. I can create my own schedule and I work with a lot of different students and teachers throughout the day. I mostly do pull out classes but I've just recently started doing more of a push in/inclusion setting.
For the non-academic side of me, here's 15 random facts about me.
1) I love swing dancing and go dancing about once a week.
2) I lived in Mexico when I was a kid (6 years old), and lived there for 5 years.
3) I also lived in England for 2 years and graduated from high school at the American School in London.
4) I worked on a kibbutz in Israel (basically a commune where everyone works together for the common good). I picked watermelons, washed vegetables, and did laundry.
5) I moved to California without a teaching job, found one quickly and lived their for 9 years.
6) I'm an aunt to 2 twin girls (11) and a boy (4) and I love spending time with them even though they live out of state.
7) I love yoga and I'm trying to do it at least 2-3 times a week.
8) I started running again and I really want to run a 5K sometime this year.
9) I spent 5 weeks in Norway, studying and traveling. What a beautiful country.
10) I went to a Norwegian camp when I was younger to help me learn the language and all things Norwegian.
11) I love to hike!
12) I spend every summer in Minnesota at our cottage. It's been in our family for 100 years.
13) I love pizza, and I could eat it every day if I was able to.
14) I love traveling, and I've been able to go to Russia, Israel, England, Ireland, Scotland, Norway, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Mexico and Canada.
15) I love learning new languages, and I can speak Spanish and Norwegian. I'd love to learn French, Italian, and Porteguese.