Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Advice to You

 I'm really enjoying some much needed vacation, relaxing, recharging and revamping my lesson plans and organization of my classroom.  I have some behavior challenges this year and I thought it might be a good idea to change my schedule, as well as my classroom routine.  I'm excited about the changes and think it will be good for all of the students.  There is one group I'll be able to divide and conquer and split up some of my more challenging students.  I think it'll be make it easier for the rest of my year, as I start adding students to my roster.  When I return to school, I'll be off and running scheduling ieps, testing and getting kids ready for AIMS week.  The good news is that it'll go quickly and next thing I know it'll be time to wrap up the school year.  
 
I'm linking up with Ms.Fultz's corner
to share some advice.  It's a fun way to meet new teachers and get some new tips and tricks.
 
1) Focus on the positive-One thing I've noticed and used over the years is focus on the positive as much as possible.  Students respond well to it and it's the best way to get students motivated and doing their work. 
 
2) Create routines- This is a tip I learned from Harry Wong's First Days of School.  He discusses the importance of creating routines and expectations and practicing them from the very first day of school with your students.
 
3) Limit setting- A tip I learned from Fred Jones Positive Discipline.  It's all about body language, remaining calm,cool and collected when dealing with behavior issues, move in closely and say as little as possible with the "teacher stare."
 
Come on over and join the fun!! 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree about focusing on the positive. It makes such a different in how I feel at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqui,
    It was so good to meet you and I had such a great time with all of you ladies last night! It's so nice to get together with teachers and bloggers outside of school!

    I'm a big fan of Harry Wong and his First Days of School book. Routines and procedures have saved me many a time!
    Hope we can all get together again soon!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...