Sunday, April 28, 2013

Counting down the days!


I don't know about you, but I'm starting to count down the days until the end of school (20 days, 28 wakeups)!  I've enjoyed my year, and learned a lot, but I'm looking forward to taking some time to refresh and recharge and get ready for next year.  Since I'm already starting to think about next year, I decided to join this fun linky with I Teach 5th.

Looking back over the year some of my highlights were:

1) Having a student teacher for the first time

2) Starting my blog

3) Getting a new projector and a new document camera and implementing more about technology into my daily routine.

4) Changing my room around

5) Working with a whole new team 

6) Using Class Dojo

I'm looking forward to:

1) Our school is getting two classes of students with Autism coming to our school for the first time.  It'll be an interesting population to have and it'll be nice to some other special ed teachers on our team.

2) I'm hoping to find some resources for more technology in my classroom next year-like smart boards, ipads, and ipods.


3) Getting my room organized and more cutesy.

4) How to use Class Dojo more effectively.

5) Learn more about Power teaching and implementing it.

6) I want to learn more about making products, using them in my classroom and selling them.

How, I didn't realize how much I'd accomplished until I start reflecting on my school year.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting year you have had!!! Thank you so much for linking up. How did you like Class Dojo? I do not have a smartboard, so I have not been able to implement it, but will be able to next year. What is Power teaching? Let me know if you need help with making items. I do not sell any, but I make them:)

    ~Kimberlee~
    iTeach 5th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really Class Dojo. It's a great way to manage class and individual points and reward students. Power teaching is the same as whole brain teaching-just a lot more multi-sensor, active way of teaching. You don't need a smart board to use it. I have a projector, but you don't really need it either. The only benefit of it is that you can project it on the board.

      Delete
  2. Ugh I have to get back on working out and eating well too. That's definitely a goal of mine for summer also. Good luck!

    Jessica
    English With Mrs. L.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...