Monday, November 5, 2012

Monitoring student's progress

How do you monitor students progress?  I use a variety of screening instruments that I've accumulated over my years of teaching.  I have a variety of Fry word checklists, a phonics screener, fluency screeners and a variety of math screeners that are geared towards different skills.  I'd love to find something better that monitors progress in writing-mostly I've just been using the 6 traits rubrics to score and use as a comparison.  

Lately I've been looking into new and different screeners that I can use for monitoring progress.  I've used intervention central and really like it, more recently I've been looking into using easy cbm.  I really like their screeners, but I'd like to find some additional ones for different areas (reading comprehension, reading fluency, basic reading, basic math, written expression and behavior).  What do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...