Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well it's time to go back to work after a long relaxing weekend. It was so nice having three days off! I enjoyed having time to spend with family and friends, and having time to spend planning, and taking the time to exercise on a regular basis. I also spent some time reading a lot of different blogs and getting a lot of wonderful ideas to implement when I return next week. I'm especially excited about implementing a lot of the brain based teaching ideas, such as class/ yes and teach/ okay. I'm also planning on trying the super speed math for practicing math facts. Has anybody else been trying these ideas? I've put up the class rules that go with it, and I'll work on introducing and practicing it next week. Another idea that I can't wait to try is the oral writing, really practicing with the students how to speak in complete sentences and adding in details to make the sentences interesting. The students I work with have very poor grammar and need a lot of help speaking in complete sentences that are grammatically correct. They have great ideas, but have difficulty organizing them. We've been focusing a lot on grammar, but now I need to focus on writing complete well written sentences. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Another highlight of the weekend was being nominated for the Liebster Award. I've really enjoyed blogging and how much I've learned by connecting with other teacher bloggers. It's amazing the wealth of information that is out there, with so many fun creative ideas for teaching students. Anyway, I enjoyed answering the questions and I hope you enjoy reading them. I'd love to hear from you. Anyway, I hope everyone had a fun, relaxing vacation and are ready and recharged to return to work tomorrow!! Jacqui

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacqui,
    Hope you're enjoying that AZ weather that my parents keep telling me about! It sounds wonderful.

    I use some brain based techniques and I really like it. I use it with my 10 & 11 yr olds and should really use more.

    I've got 2 more weeks until Christmas break and then relaxing time! Have a great day!

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...