All you have to do is think back at your favorites in 2012 and add a few pictures. What a fun way to remember the year, huh!?
12. Favorite movie I watched: So many really good movies this year. I loved the Moonrise Kingdom! There were so many good movies I saw this past year, but it topped my list this year. It was quirky, funny, loaded up with good actors. The next one that I really loved was ARGO. What a great story, that no one never knew happened until recently.
11. Favorite TV series: The Good Wife- This show always has good compelling stories that keep me on the edge of my seat. It's also loaded with good actors. I love NCIS. I used to watch JAG and love this show as well. The characters are great, and the stories are compelling. Runners up are: Person of Interest, NCIS and Dancing with the Stars.
10. Favorite restaurant: La Grande Orange-This is a breakfast/
pizza/grocery store and everything there is amazing!! The pizza, the french pancakes, the omelettes. Yummy!
9. Favorite new thing you tried: Blogging! I just started this October and I love it! I've learned so much about teaching, and creating a blog. I've met a lot of interesting people and a new network of fellow teachers.
8. Favorite gift you got: A packet of yoga classes from my parents for my birthday. I LOVE being able to do yoga on a regular basis, at a local studio. I feel so good and relaxed when I do it.
7. Favorite road trip: Going to San Clemente, CA with my guy. I LOVE the ocean, and luckily where I live it's a 6 hour drive away. I know it's far, but the reward is so good. We found a great little motel with a view of the ocean, within walking distance to the beach and the pier. They usually have bonfires in the evening.
Here is a view of the pier from the hotel.
6. Favorite home away from home: Our cottage on a lake in MN. It's been in our family for over 100 years and I've been going there ever since I was a child.
5. Best accomplishment: Getting back into shape. I've always been fairly fit, but more recently I've been practicing yoga on a more regular basis and also recently got back into running. I love discovering that I can run farther and accomplish poses that once were difficult.
4. Favorite picture: Here is a picture of our cabin in MN, and a view of the sunset on the lake from our cabin.
3. Favorite memory: Our 4th of July celebration this summer at our cottage. When my brother and his family comes up it's a party. He organizes all our family and friends to come over to our cottage and celebrate with us. We hang out in front of our cottage and watch fireworks.
2. Goal for 2013: I really want to get more organized at home and at school. I've already started on that goal, both at home and at school and now I'm going to get ready to continue that quest over my vacation.
1. One Little Word: (okay there's three) simplify, peaceful and happy